Thursday, March 5, 2009

Humbled

Dave came home from work last Tuesday at about 9:30 am. I was surprised and happy to see him until he told me he had been laid off. What a shock! I couldn't believe it. Over this last week I have really been humbled. It is a reminder that things can happen in the blink of an eye. To not know what is next is a very unsettling feeling, and I feel grateful that we have been fortunate for so long to have good employment. I know Dave can do just about any job he puts his mind to. Hopefully an employer will see the same thing! I am trying to look at the bright side...I got to take Haylie to storytime on Wednesday and Friday at the library because Dave was here for Zander to take a nap. Usually we don't go because it is always right when Zander wants to be asleep.

Dave has applied for every job he can find open, and I have even applied for a few too. We are hoping and praying that he will find something soon. I am grateful for the humbling and for the way it has made Dave and I grow closer. That is one of the best parts of most of the challenges we have faced together. We are headed out to Wyoming today to visit Dave's grandma. Her heart is not doing so well. Dave is really not having a good week. No job and a sick grandma.

On the bright side, Zander is 11 months old today. He can crawl around now and has started thinking about pulling himself up to stuff. We finally had to move the crib down because he was getting up on his knees in there. He loves to throw balls or any small toy really. If it is a ball he will throw it, crawl after it and then throw it again. He usually throws with his left hand...maybe he will take after me!

4 comments:

laura said...

sorry to hear you are having a rough time. hopefully you can have a good weekend and get away from it all.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you during this difficult time. You will be in our prayers.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Dave. I hope that your trip let you get away from it for a little while. I'll remember you in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Monica said...

I read on facebook today that you got a job. Congrats! What a blessing. We missed you at Volleyball. Hope you have/had a good trip. Not sure when you get back. Hopefully that couponing stuff will come in handy. Let me know if I can help!