Monday, October 25, 2010

Frustration

We found out last night that a house we were hoping to rent in our ward is going to be rented out to someone else. Once again I got my hopes up, only to be let down. It's not like it was our dream house or anything but it would have had enough room to have all our stuff out of our storage unit. It also would have had a dishwasher and a backyard for the kids to play in. I am just so tired of being crammed in this apartment! There are very few houses for rent in Price, and we have finally decided that we don't want to own a house here. We don't plan on being here for too many more years and the thought of having yet another house that we can't sell helped us make the decision to rent. We looked online at the houses for sale in Boise in our price range and it made us sick to think of buying a run down, 30-40 year old house here. I am trying really hard to be grateful and count my blessings. I know that we have a lot more than most people, I am just ready to move forward.

2 comments:

The Mahi Family said...

Hang in there Leslie! I remember reading your post about how things came together for your family when your husband was laid off, so keep the faith and know something great will await you ~ in his time! Hope it will come sooner than later! Love you!

Julie said...

I'm sorry that you are stuck in the apartment! It sucks! I want you to find a house to rent, but I also hope it is still within our ward boundaries. Maybe it will work out so you can rent the house next door? Hmm...I recall them saying if it didn't sell in two months time that they wanted renters. Anyway, I feel your frustration, and I'm sorry!
Oh, and I love the picture in your header. What a beautiful family!