Monday, August 12, 2013

Soccer

Many of our spring evenings were spent on the soccer fields watching Haylie and Zander play soccer.  This was the third time Haylie has played and the second time that Zander has played.  The first two times Haylie played I got roped in to being the coach for her team.  I don't know much about soccer but luckily their skill level didn't require a lot of knowledge.  This season, Carbon Rec called looking for a coach for Zander's team.  I had said over and over again that I wanted to just be able to go and watch my kids play and not worry about everyone else's kids for once.  They were desperate though and Dave told me he would help too so we decided to do it.  It turned out more Dave than me.  He did a wonderful job and I enjoyed being able to sit back and watch for once!  It was kind of a chilly spring so many of the games were cold and even rainy.  Here are a couple of pictures but they aren't the greatest.  It was tricky to get a good shot with just my phone.
Haylie did great. She scored a few goals, assisted in others, and even took a ball right to the face!

Zander like to run around the field but not necessarily after the ball!  He had fun but about drove Coach Dave crazy with his antics!

No comments: