Sunday, September 15, 2013

Arizona

Two days after getting home from Wyoming, the kids and I took off again.  This time we were headed to Sierra Vista, Arizona for my niece, Keesa's, wedding.  We drove up to Salt Lake the night before our early morning flight and stayed the night with Darin.  We had fun that evening going out to eat with Darin and then going to a fun frozen yogurt place where you add your own toppings.  The kids loved it, and so did I!
I was a little nervous about handling the airport and boarding the plane by myself with the kids.  Haylie was extremely nervous about flying so I was afraid she was going to throw a big fit when I tried to get her on the plane.  We had talked about it with her tons of times so I think she knew that she had to get on, there was no other choice.  Both kids were fantastic!  We met up with my brother, Ryan, on our connecting flight in Denver and Zander made a friend for life when Ryan pulled out some Legos!  They are now seasoned flyers and can't wait for another chance to do it.
While we were in Arizona, Zander became his cousin Devin's shadow.  It was fun for them to spend some time with our family in Arizona.  It was also exciting to be there for Keesa's wedding.  The ceremony in the Gila Valley temple was beautiful and so was the backyard reception.  It was a little frustrating to set it up since the wind was undoing things as fast as we could do them.  It turned out to be a great night though.  I was glad I went and missed Dave, who flew to Orlando for training a couple of days after we left for Arizona.
Ready for take off!!  Zander with a huge smile and Haylie forcing a little grin.

All of the worker bees getting ready for the reception.

Keesa with her dad, my brother in law J.D.

Keesa and J.D., Louis (the groom) and his mom

Devin and Zander bonding over some Plants vs. Zombies.

No comments: