Friday, January 3, 2014

Visit to Grandma and Grandpa Oberholtzer's House

We have made a tradition over the past few summers since we have lived in Price for the kids and I to go visit grandma and grandpa without any other cousins.  It has become something I really look forward to doing and having the time for my kids to get to know my parents.  Usually we go over the 4th of July but since the reunion was so close to the 4th we went at the beginning of August instead.  While we were there we went to Willard Bay and enjoyed the beach and water.  Haylie got so comfortable in her life jacket that she worked her way clear out to one of the buoys.  She was too tired to swim back though.  Luckily I could touch the bottom all the way out because I couldn't have swam that far out to get her!  That night when we got home, my parent's neighbors came and told us there was a rattlesnake in their yard.  My dad and his neighbor worked together with shovels to kill it.  It made us all a little on edge for the rest of the visit whenever we were outside. I am glad we live relatively close to my parents and that we can make those trips to visit.  I wish it was a little closer...although I think my kids would try to move right in if we lived any closer.  They love going there.

The dreaded snake.

Still moving in the bucket

Enjoying the sand

Haylie out in the water in her life jacket next to some random strangers

Here is a kid that has had his share of fun in the mud and sand!

No comments: