Monday, July 7, 2014

Carmen's Baptism

Growing up I worked at Baskin Robbins from age 14 to age 20.  The woman that owned and operated the shop was Carmen Harding.  Since all of my siblings worked there for numerous years she became like a second mother ot me.  In fact, some people thought that I was her daughter since I worked at the shop for so long.  Anyway,  after 30 years of our family knowing Carmen, she decided to be baptized into the Church over Memorial Day weekend.  We all love her so much that all of my siblings except for Melanie traveled to be there for her special day.  It turned out to be a fun trip because we got to return to Laramie and see my old stomping grounds as well as some old friends.  While we were there we went to Cheyenne and celebrated Afton's (Ryan's oldest daughter) 5th birthday.  It was kind of a long drive but lots of fun.  I am grateful for the reminder of how important being a good example and living what you believe is.  We never know who is watching or what seeds are being planted.  
Afton's Birthday party.

Carmen asked my dad to baptize her

Best Friends! Carmen and my mom

2 comments:

Amber said...

Leslie, that is such great news!!

The Mahi Family said...

Oh my goodness Leslie!! I loved Carmen. Holy Cow, you realize that Baskin Robbins is how I joined 'the group'? I remember being between friends and working with you one night. I got up the courage to ask if I could hang out with your 'lunch bunch' and you response was, "Yes! My mom has been bugging me to get another girl in the group!" or something like that. Hmm, I always wondered if Carmen would ever convert. Seems like she employed most of the LDS youth in town! So glad to hear this, please ask you parents to share my love, enthusiasm and appreciation for her!