Saturday, January 2, 2016

Summer fun

I absolutely love summer!  Since I am behind on my blogging, I am writing about this right after Christmas and I am so ready for more warm summer days!  This post includes lots of everyday summer fun that we had.  I will explain in the captions!.
This is what happens when cousins get together at Grandma's house...a potato bug maze!


This is what happens when you find that the cement pad your air conditioner is on has sunk about 8 inches!  This caused some contention because two of my garden boxes had to be removed in order it get the equipment in to raise the A/C unit. My plants were never the same.
Haylie was given a cabbage plant at school to grow over the summer.  Here she is next to it before we harvested it.



Haylie hosted a reading party and invited some of the neighborhood kids.  She had a reading hut set up  plus blankets and pillows and snacks to read with.  It was surprisingly quiet as everyone read.

No comments: