Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life is rough when you are the little brother

Zander is walking now and it has meant a change in the dynamics between him and Haylie. They chase each other around and I am a nervous wreck all day worrying that Zander is going to fall and get hurt. He loves it though and can take a pretty good hit before he starts to cry. Here is one of the hazards of having an older sister. Notice the lovely Disney Princess barrette in his hair.
Zander is now 15 months old and he is becoming more and more like a little boy instead of a baby it seems like as soon as he could stand up from the floor instead of crawling to something to pull up to that he grew up tons. He has been walking for about 3 weeks now. He also is saying lots of words. Some of his favorites are cheese, ball, fish, up, Haylie, dad, mom, stuck, sit, zip, and this morning when I asked Haylie the question I ask every morning, "What should we have for breakfast?", I was surprised when the answer I expected came from the wrong kid. Add cereal to the list! He is getting his own ideas about what he wants to do and when we doesn't get to do them he really can throw a fit. He had some good training from our professional in house fit thrower. He loves to climb the slide that is on Haylie's bed, and uses no caution at all when he gets on top of the bed so I have to either remove the slide or close the door to the room unless I want to stand by the bed all day. Life seems to never be dull with these to kids around. I love them so much, even when I want to scream! Here are some pictures that my niece Janelle took during our reunion in June. It is so nice to have a photographer in the family.

Zander was in serious need of some updated pics for the wall. Haylie claimed she was too busy to have her hair done for the pictures so she missed out.

My Mom and Dad and siblings


Haylie smelling the flowersHaylie and her cousin and good buddy Rylan in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard.

2 comments:

Patti Holzer said...

Oh my, those kids are growing so fast!!! All seem to be adjusting well to the move-at least in the pictures. Talk to you on the phone. Love, Patti

Emily said...

Wow, they grow up fast! I love those pictures! Your niece did a great job!