Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"I am riding a bike!"

Haylie finally washed enough dishes to earn herself a new bike! Just kidding...she did have to earn it with good behavior but washing dishes isn't a chore for these kids! Both she and Zander love to wash the dishes. They both cry if they see I am doing it and they aren't getting to help.


Haylie earned a new bike by filled a jar up with "gems" that she gets when she does good things. The first day she got on it she kept saying, "I'm riding a bike!" She had some trouble remembering which way to push the pedals so as soon as she would say that she would put the brakes on and stop. It was funny and as you can see from the pictures, she is very proud of herself and even had no problems passing the trike on to Zander, who can't reach the pedals quite yet.
Zander on the tricycle.
Getting ready to ride!
"I'm riding a bike!"
Pure joy...
and satisfaction
Another action shot.
We bought the bike and helmet at about the same time we bought a backpack for Haylie to start preschool with. That was a big shock to realize that she is old enough to ride a two wheel bike and be getting ready for school. She starts preschool on the 8th of September. I will post up the details of how it goes.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that they like to help you with the dishes!

Wow, Haylie is such a big girl now! She sure is cute!

Janine said...

Both your kids are super cute, Leslie...and I share Haylie's love of riding the bike. There's nothing like it!

Kristi said...

That is so cute. I love the gem jar idea, I may just have to start that at our house. BTW, Lexi has that same bike, gotta love Walmart!!!