Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Elves

Dave and I have been little Christmas elves over the past several days working on our Christmas gifts for Haylie. When I was a little girl my mom made my sister and I this dollhouse. She has kept it around and we brought it home from her house when we were there for Thanksgiving. I spent hours playing in front of it as a kid and now I will get to give it to Haylie for Christmas. Of course it needed some major work to bring it into this decade and that is what I have been working on every chance I get for the past 3 weeks. It has been really fun to redecorate, but I am glad that it is almost finished. I have a few curtains to make today, and finish up a few pieces of furniture but otherwise it is ready for Christmas Morning.

Here is what the house looked like when I got it. It brought back a lot of memories to see it. Thanks mom for making a great house, and for keeping it around for me.


And here is the newly remodeled house!

I got carpet samples from Nampa Floors and Interior, the wall paper I found at Lowes for super cheap. (I think they must be discontinuing wallpaper sales.) Dave helped by cutting the wood for the furniture. I will post some more pictures when I finish the curtains and the rest of the furniture.


While I have been out in the garage, Dave has been at the sewing machine creating his vision of a cape for our in-house superhero, Superfast! Haylie made up her own super hero name a few months back and now she will have a costume! She runs around saying, "I'm Superfast...I can do anything!!" She will love this. Now we have set the bar high with special homemade gifts. I don't know how long we can keep this up!
Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Monica said...

That is so awesome. I love the remodel. It must have been a lot of work, but so cool to be able to restore your childhood doll house.

Emily said...

I love the doll house! It looks great and I'm sure many more memories will be made.

Todd and Amyjoy said...

So incredible! Nice job. I am sure she loved it. Annika finally got her doll bed this Christmas. She would have loved a doll house! Especially one as nice as that one!