Saturday, April 18, 2009

One year old!






These are some shots from last Friday on Zander's first birthday. We had a small celebration but it was fun. Haylie was dissappointed that we all didn't get to eat cake with our hands. Somewhere along the line she had the impression that we were all going to eat like a one year old baby. I am amazed at how fast time flies as you get older. There is no way that a year has passed already! We have had such a great time with Zander in our home. He is still laid back, but is getting more and more adventurous. I feel like I am missing everything while I am away at school. This week he has started sitting up from a crawling position. That is my favorite thing for babies this age to do. I think it is so cute for some reason. So when I got home and noticed he was doing it Dave was like, "Oh, yeah, he has been doing that, and he also went all the way up the stairs on his own today!" What?!? I am missing everything!
Here are some of things about Zander. He weighs 20 lbs 8 oz. He has 5 teeth. He doesn't eat baby food anymore, although sometimes you can trick him if you take it out of the jar. He loves to cruise around in his walker. His favorite game to play is to throw a ball and then crawl after it and throw it again. He is pulling up to things and thinks it is hilarious when he does it in his crib when we lay him down. He is growing up so fast, and Haylie is starting to enjoy playing with him too. They entertain each other quite a bit. I am blessed to be their mom. The teaching job that I have has reminded me how lucky I have been to take care of them every day and I had been taking that for granted. What a wake up call!! I hope that when Dave is back at work and I am back at home when I am feeling the stay at home mom blues I can remember the way my heart aches everyday when I walk out the door to go to work and count my blessings!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like he had a great birthday! Joseph talks about Haylie when we go past the church building. She is so cute!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, Zander! I'm glad that we don't have to eat cake with our hands unless we want to. It's funny what they come up with. I also hope that summer vacation comes quickly for you.