Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Resourceful

What a resourceful daughter I have! She cracked me up tonight when she came up with this one. Dave has been doing some major renovations in our master bathroom. The tile job around our tub in there was hideous, and the space for the tub was too small but originally they squeezed it in. So Dave moved a wall 5 inches and is going to redo the whole tub. Right now it is a complete mess as the pictures prove.
But, anyway, we have told Haylie she can't go in that bathroom without shoes on because there is insulation and such on the floor. Tonight both Dave and I were in there, I was going to help him move the tub. All of the sudden the door opens and in walks Haylie with a doll sleeper (like a little bunting) on one foot and the shoe pictured below on the the other foot...the wrong foot I might add. She couldn't find the other shoe so she improvised! I wish I had taken the picture while she still had it on. It was so funny. Then, when I went out into the other room, there was the other shoe. She probably had to search longer for that bunting than she would have for the shoe. You gotta love three year olds! Hopefully not too much longer and I can post pictures of the completed bathroom!

By the way... thanks for the doll sleeper, mom! Do you recognize it as the one you made for my cabbage patch kid when I was little?



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed that Haylie remembered the rules and was trying so hard to do what is right. She is so sweet. Good luck with your bathroom!

Emily said...

She is such a cute little thing! Joseph talks about her every time we go to the church! :)