Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Test

Back in May I posted about my the decision I had to make about taking a teaching position that I interviewed for. I was so worried about making the right decision and felt so unsettled after I interviewed. I was absolutely relieved when I found out that I didn't get the job. I was, however, submitted as an alternate in case the other person fell through, and that is exactly what happened. The principal called me yesterday to offer me the job (part time with another teacher). After praying about it the first time around and being so relieved and at peace when I didn't get the job, I knew what the answer should be. I prayed about it some more yesterday, this time having made the decision that I would not take it. I knew without any doubt that Heavenly Father was pleased with that decision. The way I felt in May as I was prepared to accept the job if offered was completely opposite of the way I felt when I knew I had to turn it down yesterday. I was completely at peace even with having to call my would-be team teacher and the principal and turn it down. It was like a little test to see if I have learned anything about listening to the spirit and if I would act upon those feelings. I passed!! I am so grateful for the influence of the spirit. I am grateful that Dave has a job that allows me to stay home with my beautiful children.

2 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Good for you Leslie!

Rebecca said...

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get a job when you know you are supposed to stay at home? I'm so glad that you "passed" and are able to stay home with your family.