Monday, December 6, 2010

Halloween

I know it is almost Christmas and I am just now posting about Halloween. I am slowly getting caught up and I need all these posts on my blog so I can make another blog book and have them in it. Our Halloween celebration seemed to last for weeks with various carnivals and activities and then we didn't do anything on the actual day of Halloween. First, the weekend before Halloween, we went to the Spooktacular in downtown Price. There were games to play, a costume contest, and a chance to ride on the famous little blue train. We alway chuckle when we see it because this thing is at every event in this area; the fair, International Days, the Spooktacular, you name it, I don't know how many pictures we have of the kids riding this thing. I don't think I have ever included any on the blog though so here we go.


Instead of carving pumpkins this year we decided to take the easy way out and get Mr. Potato Head style facial features to stick in our pumpkins. It was a lot less mess and they lasted a lot longer which was good since we went to Boise to visit for several days right before Halloween.

My nephew Camden got baptized on October 30 and we were very excited for a good reason to go to Boise to spend time with friends and family and visit our old stomping grounds. We got there on Thursday afternoon and took the kids to Linder Farms. It is a farm in the Boise area that during the fall has a pumpkin patch, corn maze, petting zoo, concessions, and a hayride just to list a few things. We didn't take the kids in the corn maze but they had a blast at the petting zoo and on the hayride. They also went in the little hay bale maze they had set up and LOVED the "corn box" (a sandbox style box filled with corn kernels instead of sand).

The hayride must have frightened Haylie.


"Dr. Doolittle"


Zander wasn't that impressed.



Corn Angels!
As for the rest of our visit in Boise, Dave spent most of his time with friends mountain bike riding and hanging out at two different Halloween parties in his awesome Bob Ross costume (bummed we didn't get a picture). I got to go out to dinner with Kristi, Laura, Alynn, and Jenn on Thursday night. The kids and I spent Friday hanging out with Alyson and her kids. We went to a really fun place called Bounce, basically a room filled with bounce houses and other inflatables. It was a great example of the kind of day I miss about living in Boise--hanging out with my sister at a fun place for the kids. Alyson and I even raced each other in the obstacle course! On Saturday I got to meet up with one of my old coworkers Monica for lunch and then went to Camden's baptism. Since he was baptized in our old stake there were quite a few people at the baptism that I knew and was excited to see. Alyson and I took the kids out trick or treating that night to a few of her neighbors. We traveled home on Sunday and were all Halloween-ed out so we didn't go out trick or treating. In fact we didn't even get any trick or treaters. I guess that is what you get when you live in Utah. We had a fantastic time...too much fun to waste time taking many pictures...oh well.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Mahi Family said...

I LOVE your PUMPKINS!! How cool ~