Sunday, December 26, 2010

Haylie's 5th Birthday

Haylie turned 5 on December 1st. She chose to have zoo animal themed party with a few of her friends. Last year for her party I planned a bunch of party games and then was stressed out the entire time trying to get everyone to play them when they really just wanted to play in the toy room. I learned my lesson and kept it very simple this year; shortened the time, had one or two activities besides the present opening and cake, and every went great. One of gifts she got from us was a trip to Build-a-Bear Workshop. It was her first visit and she loved it! She ended up with a dog and named it Isabelle.
When the kids were babies I seemed to post more often about some of the milestones they have reached and what they like to do. I haven't done as good at doing that now that they are older but thought a birthday post was the perfect time to do it. Haylie continues to be a big girl, she always has been bigger than most kids her age. She is about as far from dainty as you can get. She doesn't care for dolls or princesses or barbies and hates wearing anything in her hair. She wishes people who make toys would realize that not all little girls like Disney Princesses. She is extremely curious about the world around her and asks about everything and expects a real answer, if I try to say I don't know then she will say, "well why do you think..." Haylie absolutely loves animals. I haven't posted about it yet but in November we had a stray kitten (not a tiny kitten but not full grown yet) adopt our family. We can't have pets in our apartment and Dave is somewhat allergic to cats so she is an outdoor cat. Haylie spends hours outside with Ballerina (Haylie chose the name) even if it is freezing. I will go out to check on her and see her holding the cat and telling her about how she came to be our pet. She has such a big heart! She is usually very patient with Zander and for her age is pretty good atthinking about others' feelings. I love this little girl so much!! Before she was born I imagined what kind of kid she would be and she is nothing like I imagined. I sure am glad though. The reality is much better! Happy Birthday Haylie! I love you with all my heart!
Haylie at Build-a-Bear with her dog Isabelle.


The monkey cupcakes


coloring animal masks


Opening Presents


Trying out the her new scooter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: