Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A job

This is kind of an ongoing saga that goes back to this fall and this post. I got an call last Tuesday from the principal as Castle Heights which is the elementary school just up the street from us. They had one of their 4th grade teachers get transferred to be a prinicpal at another school and so they were in need of a teacher until the end of the year. She got my number from the principal at the Jr. High where I coach and was hoping I would think about "applying for" the position. Now if you read my other post you might think that this is a continuation of my little test and so did I at first. I mean, really, what do I know about 4th grade except having passed it when I was 9? So she asked me to think about it and let her know the next day. I figured I would just call her and say thanks but no thanks.
That afternoon I got a call from Paige who is in our ward, teaches 1st grade at the same school, and has a daughter in the class that doesn't have a teacher. She pleaded with me to seriously consider it and told me her daughter had been praying for a good teacher. So I decided to look into it a little bit more. As I got to figuring what I would making after paying for child care, I realized it is almost the exact amount of money Dave and I are short for the down payment on our building loan. Wow!! I suddenly felt like this opportunity was given to me for a reason. So I found some options for child care that sounded good and decided that I would do it. I went in for an "interview" (like there were so many candidates) and now I start on Thursday. It will be a big change but I feel like we can get through for less than 4 months. I am continually amazed at the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows us and knows our needs. I am so glad that I have an education and have kept up my certification. This will be the second time that I have been able to use it when our family needs it and both times the job has fallen in my lap. I am a little anxious about the changes for Haylie and Zander but I have to keep telling myself that it will be for a very short time.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Cha..cha..cha..changes! Good luck with them. I'm sure your children will adjust well, and it is for only a short amount of time.
How is Haylie feeling???

JMG said...

good luck to you----that 4th grade class will be very lucky---

julie

Kathleen said...

You will do great!!! Isn't it amazing that God knows just what we need? And although it may have it's challenges, it is only for 4 months. You can do it!

The Mahi Family said...

Thanks for sharing your faith building stories with us Leslie!! I am so excited and happy for you guys!

The Dave said...

I like two things about this... 1) it helps us get things in order to build a house. 2) There's David Bowie reference in the comments.

Emily said...

Congratulations, Leslie! I'm sure you will do an amazing job and that those 4th graders and lucky to have you! Best of luck!